● The number of lorries in Germany in 2017 was 2.9 million vehicles.
● The proportion of German goods transport accounted for by lorries in 2016 was around 72 per cent.
● Volume of goods transport in the next 25 years: Germany +50 %, China and India
● Diesel engine - 2.6 million lorries, Petrol - 118,000 lorries
● In 2017 the average age of lorries in Germany was 7.9 years old
● Due to high voltages and electrical currents, lightning can generate power levels of up to 1,000 gigawatts.
● The energy that shines on earth by the sun each year is 15,000 times greater than global energy consumption.
● At a good 13 per cent and just under 7 per cent respectively, wind power and biomass are the two main sources of renewable energy in Germany’s energy mix, followed by solar and hydroelectric power.
● FROM THE GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS: The heaviest piece of cargo ever transported by road weighed 4,891 tonnes and was moved on 688 tyres.
● THE LONGEST PARADE OF TRUCKS: Comprised 416 vehicles and took place in 2004 in Dronten in the Netherlands.
● ENERGY FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Energy supplier EnBW plans to have an electric recharging point installed at all of its around 400 service stations by the end of 2017.
Sources: Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt, guinessworldrecords, windkraft-journal, bosch-presse, biologie-schule, weltderphysik, Volvo